Ten Reasons Why You Should Call Roswell, Georgia Home
Roswell, Georgia is a vibrant suburban community with a rich history, excellent home values and plenty of things to do—making it one of the most coveted cities in Georgia in which to live.
From a cozy downtown area to its proximity to the city of Atlanta, there’s plenty to love about the North Atlanta suburb. There are plenty of outdoor activities, thanks to the Chattahoochee River and other nature trails. There is also a plethora of shopping and other activities perfect for the entire family.
Roswell also offers some of the best schools in the metro area, making it an appealing destination to families.
If you’re looking for a place to call home in the Atlanta metro area, here are ten reasons why you should consider Roswell, Georgia.
- Small-town flair with big-city access. Roswell is only about 30 minutes from downtown Atlanta, yet far enough outside the Perimeter that it retains its small-town feel. This gives you the best of both worlds: a quiet, suburban lifestyle while remaining close to the best that Atlanta has to offer like its sports teams and nightlife.
- Miles of outdoor trails. Roswell boasts sixteen-plus miles of scenic walking/biking trails, including the Vickery Creek Trail in the Chattahoochee National Recreation area and the Chattahoochee River Walk passing through the heart of town. These trails are open year-round and are perfect for an afternoon getaway.
- Rich history. Roswell blends the best of the present with the richness of the past, with plenty of historic dwellings, Civil War landmarks and even ghost tours.
- Rich in culture and art. Roswell offers a remarkable amount of art and culture for a city its size, including the Roswell Cultural Arts Center, which serves as home to the Atlanta Wind Symphony and the Georgia Ensemble Theatre and whose 600-seat theatre hosts numerous musical, theatrical and cultural events throughout the year.
- Great shopping and dining. The historic district of Roswell is home to a great selection of one-of-a-kind boutiques, art galleries and specialty shops—and with a wide range of fabulous restaurants, Roswell is considered a foodie destination.
- Excellent school system. Roswell’s public schools are part of the Fulton County School System, which scores well above the state average with test scores.
- Great range of home styles and prices. Roswell’s growing population means a continuing number of new builds, along with spacious, well-established homes. While overall home prices are above the state average, home values range from the low $100,000s to the upper $300,000s and up.
- High appreciation rates. Home values in Roswell currently have some of the highest appreciation rates in the state, making them an excellent investment.
- Low crime rates. Roswell boasts one of the lower crime rates in the state of Georgia, making it a popular place to raise children.
- Nationally recognized quality of life. Roswell regularly places on “best place to live” polls, including CNN’s 2010 list of Top 100 Best Places to Live In the US.
Dac Carver is the Vice President and Managing Broker of Atlanta Real Estate firm Beacham & Company. A 17-year veteran of residential real estate, Dac graduated from Christ School, a college preparatory school near Asheville, NC and earned a B.A. in English from the University of South Carolina in 1991. He and his wife, Shannon, have two school-age sons.