Nothing strikes fear into a Atlanta homeowner like the site of a poisonous and deadly Black Widow spider. Finding one of these dangerous spiders on your property is bad enough, but finding one inside your house will make you lose it!
I do have some good news for you concerning the Black Widow spider. First off, these spiders are extremely shy and only bite when they feel threatened. Secondly, there are actually a few things you can do to reduce your risk of getting bit by one of these common Georgia spiders.
Here are 10 tips to avoid a Black Widow Spider bite:
*** Important*** Contact your primary care physician if you believe you may have been bitten by a Black Widow Spider.
Tips To Prevent A Black Widow Spider Bite
Outside Your Home
1. Seal any entry point into your home. Cracks, crevices, and holes, old weather-stripping, etc… They’re all easy access for Black Widows to enter your home.
2. Keep firewood far away form home, elevated, and covered. Stacks of firewood are essentially Black Widow condominiums!
3. Keep landscaping (bushes, shrubs, flower, plants, etc.) at least a foot away from your home’s foundation. Again, Black Widows love hiding in these areas.
4. Trim tree branches so they don’t touch your home. These will act like superhighways for Black Widow spiders and other pests.
Inside The Home
5. Store shoes and clothing in sealed plastic bags or storage containers with tight lids.
6. Don’t let bedding touch the floor. This includes bed skirts, sheets, bedspreads, etc. It makes it far too easy for a Black Widow to climb in bed with you.
7. Don’t leave discarded clothing around on the floor… Black Widows just might be the reason your husband starts picking up his socks from the bedroom floor.
8. Shake out shoes and clothing before putting them on. Many bites occur when a Black Widow is accidentally pressed up against your body.
9. Open windows and closet doors as much as possible to keep rooms well lit. Spiders like dark spaces.
10.Keep beds away from walls and curtains. Inspect all bedding before crawling into bed for signs of spider life!
Professional Black Widow Exterminators In Atlanta
If you are seeing Black Widow spiders inside your Atlanta are home, or even around your property, take the above mention precautions and call a professional Atlanta Black Widow exterminator!Bulwark Exterminating
5221 Palmero Court #105
Buford, GA 30518
bulwarkpestcontrol.com Dixie Wildlife Control
893 Church Street
Marietta, GA 30060
dixiewildlifecontrol.com Critter Patrol
6300 Powers Ferry Road Northwest #600
Atlanta, GA 30339